Monday, March 28, 2011

How I Learned to be Successful

I've learned a lot about what it takes to be successful - in learning a particular skill and in life in general.  I think the information I have is valuable, and I want to get it out there so others can use the tools that I've developed for myself. 

The funny thing is, most of what I've learned about success has come from my adventures in learning how to figure skate.  I had wonderful parents and wonderful teachers for the flute, but I also had many, many questions that I didn't know how to articulate growing up.  I was an amazing flutist when I was practicing in my bedroom, but I had stage fright when I played for others.  I was resolved to overcome this because I felt like it really wasn't fair of me to give up on me.  So, my quest for answers began. 

I've learned a lot over the last decade, and now I'd like to help others understand what I know.  I want to teach parents how to work effectively with a child learning a skill and teach the people learning a skill how to use their time and energy effectively.  This includes what to do, how to do it, and what to think in the process.  These are all invaluable tools to success.

Please look for future posts from me both here and on my website: www.FluteInPasadena.com

No comments:

Post a Comment